DSL Service Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Kessler Neighbors United Discussion Board » Utilities in Kessler Area » DSL Service « Previous Next »

slang
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 8:58 am:   

Just moving into the neighborhood- anyone have experience with SBC DSL? Although I have Direct TV, I am considering also getting Comcast only for the DSL service. I hear it is fast and reliable. I dont do bundles. they are impossible to get out of if you are not happy with the service. Yes Direct TV offers DSL but it is cost prohibited now. I would go with comcast for digital cable service if they had the NFL ticket.
Harrison Price
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 8:47 pm:   

I have used SBC DSL for about three years. I have found it to be almost perfectly reliable, with only one or two brief outages during that time. Speed is very good. I have only the basic service, but speed tests (such as at dslreports.com) consistently exceed 300 kbps. Interestingly both upload and download speeds are in this speed range; you would typically expect uploads to be a lot slower than downloads. Streaming video, for example, flows nearly uninterrupted. Full disclosure: we have Cat 5 wiring in our home (I'm not enough of a techie to know if this matters, but it may help).
Ash Collins
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 8:41 pm:   

I too have used SBC DLS for about 3 years...my download speed is always about 1.2 mbps, while upload is around 300 or so. They've been very reliable; as with Harrison, about twice in that timespan I've had to call to report sluggish or no service. Both times they've said, "OK, we need to reset something"...and that fixes it. I use it for work as well as personal, and can rely on it. Cheap, too, at $15/month.
Ash Collins
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 8:43 pm:   

PS - we also use DirecTV w/TiVO...and NFL ticket. I can't ever pay money to a cable company; my personal values won't allow it based on past experience.

PPS - the Cat 5 wiring is very high bandwidth -- it'll exceed by an order of magnitude any ISP service you get.
Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 3:53 pm:   

I just moved to the neighborhood... decided on the SBCDSL set-up after reading the posts...
Dont care to understand all the cat 5 stuff and mbps lingo, but will say that it is FAST! SBC even said that it is actually not the fastest service they offer. THis is the DSL Express. THe faster service is not available in KesslerPark.
Have not had any problems with it that were NOT my fault.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration