Comcast or DirecTV? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Kessler Neighbors United Discussion Board » Utilities in Kessler Area » Comcast or DirecTV? « Previous Next »

seyd
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 6:24 am:   

I am moving to Kessler and would like to get DirecTV, but I am not sure if I'd be able to get good reception as all those beautiful trees might be on the way. The previous homeowner suggests Comcast for that very reason, but most of the programming I want is on DirecTV. Any input? Does anyone have DirecTV in the area?
Anonymous
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 8:59 am:   

I was not able to subscribe to DirecTV, but was able to use Dish Network. For over two years, I have had zero problems with reception, even during storms or particularly cloudy days.
seyd
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 12:06 pm:   

I had DishNetwork in my previous residence and I had constant problems with the reception so that's why I am considering DirecTV ( actually the free DVR and DVD player helped too ). In any case it's good to know satellite does work in the area, Thanks.
Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   

I have had Direct TV for more than three years with no issues - you must have the southerly view unobstructed.
seyd
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 9:27 pm:   

Well, the update is that DirecTV didn't work because of the trees, so we are stuck with Comcast :-(

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration