Recyle Pick Up Days? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Kessler Neighbors United Discussion Board » "I've got a question." » Recyle Pick Up Days? « Previous Next »

denise
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 9:10 am:   

I did locate the bulk trash pick up dates on the KNU calendar. Where can I find the date to place the recyle items out on the curb?
Pete Peabody
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 10:21 am:   

Recycle is picked up every Monday. The below message just went out to our email list.....

New Recycling Rules make it even easier !

Don't separate, just toss 'em in the same bag - As part of the Sanitation Department's "Too Good to Throw Away" initiative, Dallas households can now utilize the "single stream" recycling method. This allows us the ability to place all our recyclable items into a blue or clear plastic bag designed for this purpose without separating any of the items. Residents can even pick up free blue bags (subject to availability) at Dallas recreation centers and libraries.
The following recyclable items can be placed in the same bag and placed out for collection on the residents' scheduled recycling day:

Paper: Paperboard, corrugated cardboard, white or colored office-type paper, junk mail, milk cartons, drink boxes, newspapers, telephone books, magazines and catalogs,

Glass: Food and beverage containers of all colors,
Plastic: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7 and non- hazardous product bottles and jugs,
Aluminum and Other Metals: Non- hazardous product containers such as steel, tin, aluminum cans.

For more information about the "Too Good to Throw Away" initiative residents may call 3-1-1 or 214.670.4475

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration