Convent Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Kessler Neighbors United Discussion Board » "I've got a question." » Convent « Previous Next »

Debi Lang
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 5:50 pm:   

I just did a walking tour through the area with my new mother in law. I took her to see the golf course and (what I was told by locals) the convent that sits across the street.
She (being the good knowledgeable catholic) told me I had to be mistaken. According to her, a convent would have obvious indications such as a cross, signage or something to welcome people in.
I made the poor woman walk several blocks to see it and now I am getting grief about it.

Does anyone know ANYTHING about the alleged "convent" across from the golf course????
Is it a convent or retirement home for nuns? Do they accept visitors? Do they have a chapel. How long has it been there. What is the name of it???
Harrison Price
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 3:43 pm:   

Debi - I do not believe it is a convent. Rather I have heard it described as a "nunnery", which I take to mean it is just a home where the nuns live. I have heard that they do their actual work during the days elsewhere in Dallas, then return home to Kessler Park.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration